Character Worksheets for Kindergarten
– present an interesting method for kindergarten children to understand and reinforce basic concepts. Since children learn best by doing and since children get bored very easily, providing them with well-designed, illustrated worksheets to complete helps it be easier and more pleasurable for them to learn. Completing a worksheet also gives children a good sense of fulfillment.
You May Also Like
PP 2 20 19 by Campbell Publications issuu from Character Worksheets for Kindergarten , source: issuu.com
How to use worksheets for best effect:
- Give children worksheets appropriate with their level. Give a straightforward worksheet for a concept right after you teach that concept.
- The worksheets should require a kid to think only a little. If a kid finds any activity too difficult, give him an easier one. It is essential that the little one doesn’t get frustrated. Remember that different children have greatly varying levels of comprehension and pace of learning.
- It can help if the worksheets are well-illustrated. Usage of cartoon characters will make it more interesting for a child. Encapsulating common situations encountered at home, school, in the market place etc and using common objects proven to children would make the worksheets more relevant.
- Try to supplement each worksheet with a real-life activity. For instance after a worksheet on counting, you are able to ask the child to choose 3 biscuits and 2 carrots from many.
- Remember, a child is learning many new things at once. A child of the age posseses an amazing capacity to understand many new things fast. He is able to also forget them equally fast. Doing many interesting worksheets with cartoons etc would be fun for him and would help continually reinforce what is learnt.
Bilingual Journey – Hands Chinese Fun from Character Worksheets for Kindergarten , source: handsonchinesefun.com
Give positive feedback and encourage a child. His finer motor skills are simply developing. Do not expect or apply for perfection. Don’t give any writing exercise too early i.e until he’s fully more comfortable with holding a pencil. Spend sufficient time and continually reinforce the educational in day-to-day situations. Most importantly, it should be fun for the teacher and the taught!
Other Collections of Character Worksheets for Kindergarten