Kindergarten Literacy Worksheets
– present an interesting means for kindergarten children to understand and reinforce basic concepts. Since children learn best by doing and since children get bored very easily, giving them well-designed, illustrated worksheets to do makes it easier and more pleasurable in order for them to learn. Completing a worksheet also gives children a great sense of fulfillment.
You May Also Like
Letter Writing For Kindergartenksheets Free Download from Kindergarten Literacy Worksheets , source: benfoldshavanagetaway.com
How to make use of worksheets for best effect:
- Give children worksheets appropriate to their level. Give a straightforward worksheet for a concept soon after you teach that concept.
- The worksheets should require a child to think just a little. If a young child finds any activity too difficult, give him an easier one. It is important that the little one doesn’t get frustrated. Remember that different children have greatly varying levels of comprehension and pace of learning.
- It can help if the worksheets are well-illustrated. Use of cartoon characters will make it more interesting for a child. Encapsulating common situations encountered in the home, school, on the market place etc and using common objects recognized to children will make the worksheets more relevant.
- Attempt to supplement each worksheet with a real-life activity. For example after a worksheet on counting, you are able to ask the child to choose 3 biscuits and 2 carrots from many.
- Remember, a kid is learning many new things at once. A child of the age comes with an amazing capacity to master many new things fast. He can also forget them equally fast. Doing many interesting worksheets with cartoons etc would be fun for him and would help continually reinforce what’s learnt.
1st Grade Weather Words Worksheet from Kindergarten Literacy Worksheets , source: rugbyusasamoa.com
Give positive feedback and encourage a child. His finer motor skills are just developing. Do not expect or apply for perfection. Don’t give any writing exercise too early i.e until he’s fully confident with holding a pencil. Spend sufficient time and continually reinforce the learning in day-to-day situations. Above all, it ought to be fun for the teacher and the taught!
Other Collections of Kindergarten Literacy Worksheets