Worksheets Cool and Not so Cool Materials
– present an appealing means for kindergarten children to master and reinforce basic concepts. Since children learn best by doing and since children get bored very easily, giving them well-designed, illustrated worksheets to accomplish makes it easier and more enjoyable for them to learn. Completing a worksheet also gives children a great sense of fulfillment.
Human Stu S Worksheet from Worksheets Cool and Not so Cool Materials , source: indymoves.org
How to utilize worksheets for best effect:
- Give children worksheets appropriate for their level. Give a simple worksheet for a concept right after you teach that concept.
- The worksheets should require a child to think just a little. If a child finds any activity too hard, give him a less strenuous one. It is important that the little one doesn’t get frustrated. Remember that different children have greatly varying quantities of comprehension and pace of learning.
- It can help if the worksheets are well-illustrated. Use of cartoon characters will make it more interesting for a child. Encapsulating common situations encountered in the home, school, on the market place etc and using common objects known to children would make the worksheets more relevant.
- Make an effort to supplement each worksheet with a real-life activity. For example after having a worksheet on counting, you are able to ask the child to pick out 3 biscuits and 2 carrots from many.
- Remember, a young child is learning many new things at once. A child with this age has an amazing capacity to learn many new things fast. He is able to also forget them equally fast. Doing many interesting worksheets with cartoons etc will be fun for him and would help continually reinforce what’s learnt.
Kindergarten Worksheets Present Simple Questions Exercises from worksheets cool and not so cool materials , source: gaffw.com
Give positive feedback and encourage a child. His finer motor skills are just developing. Don’t expect or apply for perfection. Do not give any writing exercise too soon i.e until he is fully comfortable with holding a pencil. Spend sufficient time and continually reinforce the learning in day-to-day situations. Most of all, it should be fun for the teacher and the taught!
You May Also Like
Other Collections of Worksheets Cool and Not so Cool Materials