Kindergarten Spelling Worksheet
– present an interesting method for kindergarten children to understand and reinforce basic concepts. Since children learn best by doing and since children get bored very easily, giving them well-designed, illustrated worksheets to complete makes it easier and more pleasurable to allow them to learn. Completing a worksheet also gives children a great sense of fulfillment.
Does It Really Matter What I Ask How teacher questioning from Kindergarten Spelling Worksheet , source: dspace.library.uvic.ca
How to make use of worksheets for best effect:
- Give children worksheets appropriate for their level. Give an easy worksheet for a concept immediately after you teach that concept.
- The worksheets should require a young child to think just a little. If a kid finds any activity too hard, give him an easier one. It is essential that the child doesn’t get frustrated. Understand that different children have greatly varying levels of comprehension and pace of learning.
- It will help if the worksheets are well-illustrated. Usage of cartoon characters would make it more interesting for a child. Encapsulating common situations encountered in the home, school, available in the market place etc and using common objects known to children will make the worksheets more relevant.
- Attempt to supplement each worksheet with a real-life activity. Like after having a worksheet on counting, you are able to ask the little one to pick out 3 biscuits and 2 carrots from many.
- Remember, a kid is learning many new things at once. A child of this age has an amazing capacity to learn many new things fast. He can also forget them equally fast. Doing many interesting worksheets with cartoons etc will be fun for him and would help continually reinforce what is learnt.
Worksheet Ideas Freentable Kindergarten Worksheets Reading from Kindergarten Spelling Worksheet , source: jtnproadrunner.org
Give positive feedback and encourage a child. His finer motor skills are only developing. Do not expect or apply for perfection. Do not give any writing exercise too early i.e until he is fully comfortable with holding a pencil. Spend sufficient time and continually reinforce the learning in day-to-day situations. Most of all, it must be fun for the teacher and the taught!
You May Also Like
Other Collections of Kindergarten Spelling Worksheet