Phonetic Worksheets for Kindergarten
– present an appealing method for kindergarten children to learn and reinforce basic concepts. Since children learn best by doing and since children get bored very easily, providing them with well-designed, illustrated worksheets to accomplish causes it to be easier and more enjoyable in order for them to learn. Completing a worksheet also gives children a great sense of fulfillment.
You May Also Like
Teaching First Sounds plete Unit with FREEBIES from Phonetic Worksheets for Kindergarten , source: keepingmykiddobusy.com
How to use worksheets for best effect:
- Give children worksheets appropriate with their level. Give a simple worksheet for a concept soon after you teach that concept.
- The worksheets should require a child to consider just a little. If a kid finds any activity too hard, give him an easier one. It is essential that the child doesn’t get frustrated. Understand that different children have greatly varying levels of comprehension and pace of learning.
- It may help if the worksheets are well-illustrated. Use of cartoon characters will make it more interesting for a child. Encapsulating common situations encountered at home, school, in the market place etc and using common objects recognized to children will make the worksheets more relevant.
- Try to supplement each worksheet with a real-life activity. Like following a worksheet on counting, you can ask the child to pick out 3 biscuits and 2 carrots from many.
- Remember, a young child is learning many new things at once. A child with this age comes with an amazing capacity to learn many new things fast. They can also forget them equally fast. Doing many interesting worksheets with cartoons etc could be fun for him and would help continually reinforce what is learnt.
English worksheets PHONICS ALPHABET Animals D from Phonetic Worksheets for Kindergarten , source: eslprintables.com
Give positive feedback and encourage a child. His finer motor skills are only developing. Don’t expect or apply for perfection. Don’t give any writing exercise too soon i.e until he is fully comfortable with holding a pencil. Spend sufficient time and continually reinforce the educational in day-to-day situations. Most of all, it ought to be fun for the teacher and the taught!
Other Collections of Phonetic Worksheets for Kindergarten