Short O Worksheets for Kindergarten
– present a fascinating way for kindergarten children to learn and reinforce basic concepts. Since children learn best by doing and since children get bored effortlessly, giving them well-designed, illustrated worksheets to do helps it be easier and more enjoyable in order for them to learn. Completing a worksheet also gives children a good sense of fulfillment.
You May Also Like
Back to Basics Phonics Worksheets CVC BUNDLE from Short O Worksheets for Kindergarten , source: whatihavelearnedteaching.com
How to use worksheets for best effect:
- Give children worksheets appropriate for their level. Give an easy worksheet for a concept just after you teach that concept.
- The worksheets should require a young child to believe only a little. If a young child finds any activity too difficult, give him a simpler one. It is important that the child doesn’t get frustrated. Remember that different children have greatly varying degrees of comprehension and pace of learning.
- It may help if the worksheets are well-illustrated. Use of cartoon characters would make it more interesting for a child. Encapsulating common situations encountered at home, school, on the market place etc and using common objects recognized to children will make the worksheets more relevant.
- Try to supplement each worksheet with a real-life activity. Like following a worksheet on counting, you can ask the child to pick out 3 biscuits and 2 carrots from many.
- Remember, a young child is learning many new things at once. A kid of the age has an amazing capacity to understand many new things fast. He is able to also forget them equally fast. Doing many interesting worksheets with cartoons etc will be fun for him and would help continually reinforce what’s learnt.
word family book Keend7 from Short O Worksheets for Kindergarten , source: keen.rsd7.org
Give positive feedback and encourage a child. His finer motor skills are only developing. Don’t expect or apply for perfection. Do not give any writing exercise too soon i.e until he is fully confident with holding a pencil. Spend sufficient time and continually reinforce the educational in day-to-day situations. Most importantly, it must be fun for the teacher and the taught!
Other Collections of Short O Worksheets for Kindergarten