Worksheets Comparing Fractions
– present an interesting means for kindergarten children to master and reinforce basic concepts. Since children learn best by doing and since children get bored very easily, giving them well-designed, illustrated worksheets to complete makes it easier and more enjoyable to allow them to learn. Completing a worksheet also gives children a great sense of fulfillment.
Coloring Book 34 Fraction Coloring Worksheets Ideas from Worksheets Comparing Fractions , source: thesnowydayplay.com
How to utilize worksheets for best effect:
- Give children worksheets appropriate for their level. Give a straightforward worksheet for a concept right after you teach that concept.
- The worksheets should require a young child to believe only a little. If a child finds any activity too difficult, give him a simpler one. It is very important that the child doesn’t get frustrated. Understand that different children have greatly varying quantities of comprehension and pace of learning.
- It will help if the worksheets are well-illustrated. Utilization of cartoon characters will make it more interesting for a child. Encapsulating common situations encountered at home, school, in the market place etc and using common objects recognized to children would make the worksheets more relevant.
- Make an effort to supplement each worksheet with a real-life activity. Like after a worksheet on counting, you can ask the little one to pick out 3 biscuits and 2 carrots from many.
- Remember, a child is learning many new things at once. A kid of the age has an amazing capacity to master many new things fast. He is able to also forget them equally fast. Doing many interesting worksheets with cartoons etc would be fun for him and would help continually reinforce what is learnt.
THE HUBBLE SPACE TELESCOPE TREASURY PROGRAM ON THE ORION from worksheets comparing fractions , source: iopscience.iop.org
Give positive feedback and encourage a child. His finer motor skills are just developing. Don’t expect or try for perfection. Do not give any writing exercise too soon i.e until he is fully more comfortable with holding a pencil. Spend sufficient time and continually reinforce the training in day-to-day situations. Most importantly, it should be fun for the teacher and the taught!
You May Also Like
Other Collections of Worksheets Comparing Fractions