Worksheets Counting Up and Down
– present an appealing method for kindergarten children to learn and reinforce basic concepts. Since children learn best by doing and since children get bored effortlessly, giving them well-designed, illustrated worksheets to accomplish makes it easier and more fun for them to learn. Completing a worksheet also gives children a great sense of fulfillment.
You May Also Like
10 incredibly useful Excel keyboard tips from Worksheets Counting Up and Down , source: computerworld.com
How to utilize worksheets for best effect:
- Give children worksheets appropriate to their level. Give a simple worksheet for a concept just after you teach that concept.
- The worksheets should require a kid to consider just a little. If a child finds any activity too hard, give him a simpler one. It is important that the child doesn’t get frustrated. Remember that different children have greatly varying levels of comprehension and pace of learning.
- It can help if the worksheets are well-illustrated. Utilization of cartoon characters will make it more interesting for a child. Encapsulating common situations encountered in the home, school, on the market place etc and using common objects known to children would make the worksheets more relevant.
- Attempt to supplement each worksheet with a real-life activity. Like following a worksheet on counting, you can ask the kid to pick out 3 biscuits and 2 carrots from many.
- Remember, a young child is learning many new things at once. A young child with this age posseses an amazing capacity to learn many new things fast. He is able to also forget them equally fast. Doing many interesting worksheets with cartoons etc could be fun for him and would help continually reinforce what is learnt.
PDF A Study of Early Childhood Mathematics Teaching in the from Worksheets Counting Up and Down , source: researchgate.net
Give positive feedback and encourage a child. His finer motor skills are only developing. Do not expect or try for perfection. Do not give any writing exercise too soon i.e until he’s fully comfortable with holding a pencil. Spend sufficient time and continually reinforce the training in day-to-day situations. Most importantly, it should be fun for the teacher and the taught!
Other Collections of Worksheets Counting Up and Down