Worksheets Match the Shoes
– present an interesting method for kindergarten children to master and reinforce basic concepts. Since children learn best by doing and since children get bored very easily, giving them well-designed, illustrated worksheets to accomplish makes it easier and more fun for them to learn. Completing a worksheet also gives children a good sense of fulfillment.
Wild West Preschool Basic Math Concepts Free 13 Page from Worksheets Match the Shoes , source: pinterest.com
How to make use of worksheets for best effect:
- Give children worksheets appropriate with their level. Give a simple worksheet for a concept right after you teach that concept.
- The worksheets should require a child to think only a little. If a kid finds any activity too hard, give him an easier one. It is very important that the child doesn’t get frustrated. Understand that different children have greatly varying degrees of comprehension and pace of learning.
- It may help if the worksheets are well-illustrated. Utilization of cartoon characters would make it more interesting for a child. Encapsulating common situations encountered in the home, school, in the market place etc and using common objects recognized to children would make the worksheets more relevant.
- Make an effort to supplement each worksheet with a real-life activity. Like after a worksheet on counting, you are able to ask the kid to pick out 3 biscuits and 2 carrots from many.
- Remember, a kid is learning many new things at once. A kid of this age posseses an amazing capacity to master many new things fast. He can also forget them equally fast. Doing many interesting worksheets with cartoons etc would be fun for him and would help continually reinforce what’s learnt.
Clothing English ESL Worksheets from worksheets match the shoes , source: en.islcollective.com
Give positive feedback and encourage a child. His finer motor skills are just developing. Do not expect or apply for perfection. Do not give any writing exercise too early i.e until he’s fully confident with holding a pencil. Spend sufficient time and continually reinforce the learning in day-to-day situations. Most importantly, it must be fun for the teacher and the taught!
You May Also Like