post.post_title- Here really are a few suggestions you could consider in helping children learn to identify the letters of the alphabet:
- The alphabet song: This really is perhaps the most elementary, but is extremely useful. Do sing the alphabet song often. Sing it slowly and distinctly. It will also help when you have a large alphabet chart and mention to each letter as you sing. If you’re able to give all children letter cards so as (alphabet flashcards) they could even last each letter because it is sung.
- For each letter you teach, bring types of the letter (you can make cut-outs of the letter in card-board) and pass around to all or any children. If at all possible, you possibly can make many so you can provide someone to each child. They can slowly build-up an accumulation of the whole alphabet. Bring objects or types of common items that begin with the letter you’re teaching. For example: for B you will bring a baseball, bat, banana, bun etc. Pass around these for many to see.
- Find a child whose name starts with this letter. He or she may then say out, for instance “Hello, I’m Arun.’A’for’Arun ‘” and so on. He can be the first choice for that day.
Engage the children in a’Hunt For The Letter’game. Ask children to look around the room and grab all objects that start with any given letter.
- Use plenty of colouring pages as most children like to colour. The colouring pages must have letters in large sizes to colour. They may likewise have objects that begin with this letter.
- Kindergarten Worksheets: Use worksheets to greatly help children re-inforce basic concepts in an enjoyable and interesting way.
You May Also Like